- Jan 30 2013‐ Our guest speaker was Dr. Anna Roosevelt , one of America's leading archaeologists, professor of anthropology at UIC, and former curator of the Field Museum; She spoke on her work doing underwater mapping of Paleo‐Indian sites.
Dr. Roosevelt is an international superstar in the field of Archaeology.
- Feb 2013‐ Our UASC Project Leaders will be presenting our plans to move forward with our ongoing project plans for this year.
- Mar 2013‐ Kira Kaufman will be presenting on the survey work on Wrecks in Indiana Waters. With five years of supervisory experience in underwater archaeological techniques and research, and has conducted underwater archaeological survey, excavation, and documentation projects in the Midwest and Southeast United States, as well as in Ghana, Africa. Dr. Kaufmann has served in a supervisory capacity for a number of maritime‐related projects, for which she conducted survey, recovery, remote sensing, monitoring, and report writing.
- Apr 2013‐ Richard Lanyon will be presenting on the History of the Sanitary and Ship Canal. Richard Lanyon has had a life long association with the waterways in and around Chicago. He grew up along the North Branch, attended the University of Illinois Navy Pier campus, worked as a beginning engineer on the Lake Diversion legal controversy and capped his working life with a 48‐year accomplishment with the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District. He enjoys biking along the waterways, Lake Michigan and hometown Evanston, Illinois neighborhoods where he lives with his wife Marsha Richman
- May 2013‐ Ted Karamanski will be presenting on the Great Lakes Sailing Vessels of the War of 1812. He is working on a history of the Great Lakes region, specifically a history of Lake Michigan, particularly a cultural and environmental history, book length.
- June, July August & September‐ TBA
- Oct 2013‐ Kevin Cullen President of WUAA (Wisconsin Underwater Archaeological Association) will be presenting on the work going on in Wisconsin Waters.
- Nov 2013‐ End of Year Project Reports by our UASC Project Leaders.
Fantastic Presenters Are Scheduled For 2013:
Become A Member Today And Don’t Miss Out!!